Good news for everyone who participated and won any of our weekly Travel Photography Competitions in 2012! Hitch-Hikers’ Handbook has teamed up with Zenfolio.com and we are offering a wonderful prize – a yearly subscription to Zenfolio’s professional portfolio plan (worth 100 €), which allows you to showcase and sell your photographs. Now you have the chance to be the professional photographer you’ve always dreamt of becoming! In addition to that, if you win, you will have an exclusive interview, here at hitchhikershandbook.com and you will be able to show your work to a larger audience.
Sounds good? Let’s look at the details:
Who can participate?
In our Travel Photography Competition of the Year 2012 we will select the best photo sent by our contributing photographers through our Facebook page last year. Only the people whose photos won in one of our weekly competitions can participate (see the list of all the entries here).
If you haven’t made it into this year’s crème de la crème, don’t worry. The competition continues and every week you have a chance to win by sharing your travel shots with us. If you win any of the weekly tournaments, you will automatically participate in our Travel Photography Competition of the Year 2013 next year!
How does the voting work?
Everyone can vote for their favourite photos both on Facebook and on Twitter. Voting closes on February 23, 2013 at 16:00 CET.
- vote by pressing the “like” button under your favourite photo in our Competition Album
- there is no limit to the amount of photos you can vote for
- if you are one of the competition entrants, you are allowed to ask your friends to vote for your photo
- only votes received under the photos in our Competition Album count
- vote by twitting this url: http://bit.ly/118NRef together with the name of the photographer, number of the week in which their photo won and the hashtag #TravelPhotographyCompetition
- you are allowed to vote for more than one photographer, however repeatedly tweeting the same person is not allowed
What is the prize?
The prize consists of two parts:
1) An exclusive interview here at hitchhikershandbook.com, where you will be able to show your photos and link back to your website/Facebook/Flickr.
2) Yearly subscription to Zenfolio’s Premium EU portfolio plan worth 100 €.
Watch a video overview to learn more.
View all the features here.
And that’s not everything! Our friends from Zenfolio.com offer to all our readers an exclusive 20% discount on all new subscriptions. It expires on 31st March, so hurry up! Claim your discount here.
Terms and Conditions:
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Participation in the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By entering you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
3. The organiser of this competition is hitchhikershandbook.com, the promoter is Zenfolio.com
4. The closing date for voting is February 23, 2013 at 16:00 CET. Votes received after this date and time will not be accepted.
5. This promotion is open to global entrants who participated in any edition of the weekly Travel Photography Competitions run by hitchhikershandbook.com in 2012. The complete list of all photographers admitted to the competition is available here.
6. Employees of the promoter and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner), its agencies, or anyone professionally associated with the promotion are excluded from entering the competition.
7. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these rules. Hitchhikershandbook.com reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time if it has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
8. Voting is executed over Facebook.com and Twitter.com.
9. Voting on Facebook.com involves pressing the “like” button under the pictures. Voting for more than one photo is allowed. Only votes received by pictures published by hitchhikershandbook.com will be counted. Votes received under pictures which were “shared” by users don’t count.
10. Voting on Twitter.com involves tweeting this url http://bit.ly/118NRef together with the name of the photographer, number of the week in which their photo won and the hashtag #TravelPhotographyCompetition
Voting for more than one photo is allowed, however repeatedly tweeting the same person is not.
11. The prize is a yearly subscription to the Premium EU account on zenfolio.com (worth 100 €/year) as well as an interview with the winner and a showcase of their work published on hitchhikershandbook.com.
12. This will be delivered in full to the winner within 30 days of the closing date via the internet.
13. The prize must be taken by the prize winner and may not be transferred to or used by any third party.
14. The vote counting will take place on Sunday, February 24 2013. The winner will be published on hitchhikershandbook.com and be notified within two weeks on Facebook under the winning photo. The prize winner is required to accept his/her prize by email within ten days of notification. In the event of non-acceptance, an alternative winner with the second biggest amount of votes will be selected.
15. Hitchhikershandbook.com shall be entitled to terminate or modify the promotion or to modify these rules at any time prior to the closing date.
16. In the event of a dispute, the decision of hitchhikershandbook.com shall be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. No cash or other alternative is available to the prizes.
18. Hitchhikershandbook.com is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
19. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this competition at any time.
20. Hitchhikershandbook.com assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected votes or for any failure of the website during the competition period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment software, failure of any vote to be received by hitchhikershandbook.com on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any web site, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating and entering in the promotion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, hitchhikershandbook.com reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Votes are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically MV reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, plagiarised, altered or tampered with in any way.
21. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of hitchhikershandbook.com and accordingly hitchhikershandbook.com may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to hitchhikershandbook.com as a result thereof.
22. Hitchhikershandbook.com has organised this competition in good faith and does not accept liability relating to the prize.
23. Hitchhikershandbook.com will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with this promotion, if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside its reasonable control, including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
24. We will not pass your data on to third parties.
25. These terms and conditions are available in English only and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the entrant’s country of residence.
26. Hitchhikershandbook.com reserves the right to use any images that are included within the blog posts. We also reserve the right to use the images on the hitchhikershandbook.com website and in other promotional activities.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
|Travel Photography Competition-27||Travel Photography Competition-4|